Here is the list of ingredients needed:
- ½ Kg of fresh tender chicken
- 1 Table spoon of Almond
- 1 Table spoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tea spoon black pepper powder
- 1 Table spoon garlic paste
- 250 gram butter
- 2 onion chopped
- ½ tea spoon turmeric powder
- 100 gram curd
- 2 green chillies
- 4 pods cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 2 medium size cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 Table spoongaram masala
- 1 Table spoon chopped green coriander
- 1/2 Table spoon roasted chopped almonds
Process to cook Chicken Korma
First need to marinate the chicken. For marination you need to mix lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt and pepper powder. Let it marinate for atleast an hour or so.
Now take thick based pan and heat it with 2 table spoon of oil. Add chopped onion and green chillies, fry it till Onion is golden brown.
Now need to prepare the special korma paste. For this you need to mix the fried onion, curd, almond and green chillied. Grind it well and make paste of it. Now reheat the oil in the pan on medium flame and then add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir them for 30 secs and then add the marinated chicken along with leftover paste.
Mix the content well and let the chicken cook for 5-8 minutes. Keep stirring the content. Add little water and salt to as per taste. Cook it in low flame for 15 minutes.
Before serving it, add coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Your royal Chicken korma is ready. For igarnishng you can add the chopped roasted almond.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with lemon juice, pinch of salt, black pepper and garlic paste. Rub the mixture thoroughly to the pieces and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat the oil/ghee and when it is medium hot add the chopped onions and turmeric.
- Fry till the onions are light golden and then take them out and keep aside. Leave the oil behind for further use.
- In a mixer make a fine paste of fried onions, curd, almonds, green chillies. Pour this mixture on the marinated chicken pieces.
- Now reheat the oil in the pan on medium flame and then add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir them for 30 secs and then add the marinated chicken along with leftover paste.
- Let the chicken cook on low flame while stirring occasionally till it boils. Then cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer till the chicken is cooked properly.
- Finally add gram masala and chopped green coriander.
- Add the salt according to taste and garnish with roasted almonds and some cream
You may also like some below Best Chicken Recipes:
Latest posts by Aakansha Iyer (see all)
- Sukhi Capsicum Pepper Masala Sabzi – Recipe - February 10, 2016
- Why Lenovo K4 Note Can Be Better Option Than LeEco 1S..? - February 10, 2016
- Gionee Marathon M5 – As Name It Has Real Power packed Battery of 6020 MAH - February 5, 2016